ARE YOU RELENTLESSLY PURSUING PEACE?
Will you only be satisfied in your life and career if you make real and meaningful impact? Are you entrepreneurial, deeply driven, and obsessed with finding innovative solutions to our world’s most intractable problems? Do you want to collaborate with the world’s brightest minds and be directly mentored by current world leaders to achieve your ambitious goals? At IPSI, we passionately design and execute the world’s preeminent training programs for peacebuilding professionals. We are seeking the best and brightest to join our growing global team relentlessly pursuing peace. Are you one of us?
The 2014 Symposiums have successfully come to a close! Applications for 2015 will open on Thursday, October 30. Catch-up on what happened this summer by viewing the:
- Bologna Symposium Participant Blog [Click Here]
- Bologna Symposium Photos [Click Here]
- The Hague Symposium Participant Blog [Click Here]
- The Hague Symposium Photos [Click Here]
Summer 2014 Symposiums: A side-by-side comparison:
Why Professional Training?
According to a recent report from USIP:
- Graduate-level academic institutions are not adequately preparing students for careers in international peace and conflict management. Curricula need to incorporate more applied skills, cross-sectoral coursework, and field-experience opportunities.
- Overseas experience is, for employers, the most valuable asset.
- Employers want candidates who have a holistic understanding of international conflict work, specialized knowledge and skills, practical know-how, and political savvy.
- To better prepare themselves for the field, recent graduates and alumni are seeking to increase their applied education, field experience, project management skills, mentoring, and career guidance.
What do the field’s leaders think?