Current Employment and Internship Opportunities with IPSI
Current Internship Opportunities with IPSI
We are recruiting for summer 2016 interns on a rolling basis! Please send your application to email@example.com.
Interns support the mission of the International Peace & Security Institute (IPSI) by researching particular themes, issues, or regions/countries and by providing logistical support for current projects and upcoming Symposia. IPSI is looking for candidates who have the following skills/background:
- Strong academic record with displayed interest in the Peace, Security, Mediation, Negotiation, Conflict Resolution, and/or International Justice
- Program development/management experience
- Advanced research, writing, and analytical skills
- Experiential education design experience
- English proficiency; foreign language skills are encouraged
- Basic technological proficiency (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Internet)
- Familiarity with research databases
- Real-world experience: previous work/internship experience and/or studying abroad
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Positive attitude, curiosity, flexibility, resourcefulness, and enthusiasm for the work of IPSI
Number of Interns per Semester: 6
- Graduate Students – Qualified applicants must be currently enrolled in, but not yet graduated from, a master’s-level program
- Candidates must currently reside in Washington, DC or be willing to relocate to Washington, DC for one semester
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States; IPSI does not provide work/study visas for interns
- Assist IPSI in researching and monitoring violent conflict at all stages
- Assist in drafting memoranda and weekly Peace & Security Reports
- Assist in designing simulations, workshops, and other experiential learning tools
- Prepare briefing materials for meetings and trips
- Help organize Symposiums/Conferences and fundraising activities
- Conduct outreach and produce marketing materials
- Assist in planning and executing project objectives
- Attend briefings/meetings of interest in DC and prepare briefings
Remunerations / Time Commitments:
- All internships with IPSI are unpaid
- Interns are expected to be in the IPSI office 20 to 25 hours per week
- Must attend mandatory Thursday morning staff meetings
- If an applicant’s college or university offers academic credit for internships, IPSI will work with the school to match academic requirements with the intern’s duties. Necessary forms from the college or university should be submitted upon acceptance to the intern’s program supervisor as well as IPSI.
- Applicants must submit a cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. IPSI will contact shortlisted applicants on a rolling basis for an in-person or telephone interview.
- The summer internship will commence May 16, 2016 and end August 26, 2016.
IPSI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from people of color, women, differently-abled individuals, LGBTQ individuals, and other groups that have historically been subject to discrimination.