This training module familiarizes participants with mass-media platforms that can be used to effectively disseminate information, develop moderate or counter-violent extremist messages, and effectively localize and plan media outreach within a vulnerable or post-conflict community.
- Recognize the value and effectiveness of radio, television, and other forms of mass-media in promoting key messages or distributing critical information.
- Mapping the current media landscape and outreach potential
- Apply social media strategies and other forms of outreach into programmatic designs.
- Create a comprehensive community-led local media planning, development, and distribution process to enhance moderate messages, social cohesion, and a unified voice
- Incorporate appropriate messaging to limit the spread of extremist ideologies.